Perhaps you’ve done the accounting for years and see areas within the business that the client could improve but don’t know how to properly advise them. Maybe you’ve heard you need to offer more value-added services beyond the accounting you offer, but how?
John shares his experience owning and selling businesses and the lessons learn to help us understand the 8 things that determine the value of a business and how, as accounting professionals, we can confidently and competently offer high value services and get paid what we are worth as certified Value Builder providers. (VB)
It’s time to proactively engage with our accounting clients and help them build their businesses and effectively increase what they are worth.
John Warrillow has been helping business advisors understand and market to the Small-Medium Business (SMB) segment for more than two decades. As the founder of The Value Builder System™, his mission has been to level the playing field for business owners as they approach their exit – while helping business advisors start more strategic, meaningful conversations with them.
John’s best-selling book, Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You, was recognized by both Fortune and Inc. Magazine as one of the best business books of 2011 and has been translated into four languages. In 2015, John wrote another best-selling book: The Automatic Customer: Creating A Subscription Business In Any Industry.
John has keynoted Fortune Magazine’s Growth Summit, Entrepreneur’s Organization New York City and Toronto Chapters, and the Inc. 5000 conference. John is also the host of Built to Sell Radio, ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the world’s 10 best podcasts for business owners. He has been recognized by B2B Marketing as one of the top 10 business-to-business marketers in the United States.
Prior to founding The Value Builder System™, John started and exited four companies, including a quantitative market research business that was acquired by The Corporate Executive Board (NYSE: CEB) in 2008.
- Helping accounting professionals confidently and competently offer quality accounting services to get paid what they are worth.
- Value Builder is a statistically proven methodology that helps increase the value of businesses. Advisors leverage the system to help business owners prepare for an eventual exit and ensure they experience a lucrative exit. Business owners complete a Value Builder Questionnaire with the support of business advisors who champion the system as Certified Value Builders™ across the globe. After analyzing over 50,000 businesses, the average Value Builder Score is 59 out of a possible 100. Owners are statistically proven to improve company value through the system and receive offers of 7.1 times pre-tax profit on average.
As the owner of an accounting business it’s time you pause and consider the same questions we ask our clients when was the last time your worked ON your business? Take a moment and this is your opportunity to assess your company while also seeing what you in turn could offer your clients as a their accountant, their business coach, their certified Value Builder provider:
- Get your Free Business Score and see how your business ranks in the 8 drivers that determine the value of your business (15 minute questionnaire)
- Which are you, why are you in business, is it to make a difference and become Famous or Rich? Get a FREE copy of this short book to answer the question and help you better relate to each of your clients.
- Would you like to know if you are ready mentally, personally to sell your business, possibly retire or just move on to your next chapter in life? This is PreScore, the quick assessment and report to help business owners understand life after selling the business. Get your free report and see what you learn about this phase of life.
Remember this, Business Success IS Universal.
Listen to our next episode and be sure to subscribe.
For more information on how you can apply these principles in your business please visit us at www.universalaccountingschool.com or call us at 801.265.3777